Sometimes our best ideas happen around midnight. Keep a notebook next to your bed and write down your dreams. Weird details can turn into full-blown stories or be incorporated into your stories.
A few prompts….
- Your character is very successful…and suddenly isn’t.
- Observe a place. What if that place could tell its story? Or narrated the stories of the people who came there?
- Rewrite an old draft that you’ve been tempted to throw away.
- Tell a story from an unusual perspective.
- What if we found an ancient civilization that no one knew about before? How would it change everything we think we know?