Need some writing ideas? Try these! Use them to springboard your own ideas or just get in some writing practice.
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will.” ―George Bernard Shaw
- A scientist discovers a way for humans to fly…without the need for a plane or a jet pack.
- Write about a dream you had but find a way for it to make sense.
- Giants from another planet come to Earth. Why? What do they want? Friend or foe?
- An asteroid never made the dinosaurs go extinct. Some dinosaurs are still alive today. How would this change history? How would this change society?
- Research an invention that never took off. Rewrite history if that invention had become popular.
- What is magic? How would it improve or complicate your life if you had access to it?
- You went for a walk and got lost in the woods. When you come of the woods, 50 years have gone by. You’re still the same age as when you first walked into the woods. What happened?