Some writers can schedule time to write a little bit every day but sometimes you just need do a marathon writing session. It’s important that you stay fueled and hydrated when you do this. Nothing creates writer’s block quite like being hungry and exhausted!
A Plan for a Marathon Writing Session
1. Schedule blocks of time for writing with 15-30 minute breaks between writing blocks.
2. Keep healthy snacks on hand to stay fueled. And drink plenty of water!
3. Use some of your breaks for walking around or doing some kind of exercise.
4. Turn off or silence your phone during your writing blocks but make sure to check in with family and friends on your breaks!
Snack Ideas for Marathon Writing Sessions
1. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat bread (a simple favorite)
2. Vanilla yogurt, granola, and berries
3. Cooked egg over a slice of avocado, tomato and sourdough toast (or thick-sliced wheat toast)
4. Juicing carrots (peeled) with peanut butter
5. Pizza (cold leftovers from the day before or freshly delivered — you can’t go wrong with pizza!)
6. Cottage cheese topped with pineapple or berries if you’re craving sweet or topped with grape tomatoes, fried spinach, hard boiled eggs and pepper for savory
7. Pretzels and chocolate candies
9. Apple slices topped with peanut butter and/or cinnamon
10. Your favorite dinner meal
What do you snack on when you have a marathon writing session?